WORKSHOP: MANAGING VIRTUAL TEAMS
Topic: Managing Virtual Teams
It is common to see clients and managers be frustrated when managing virtual teams. Working with people who have a variety of cultural backgrounds, and may never actually meet face-to-face can be complicated. The problem can be intensified with time zone differences and gaps in communication.
There are many reasons why people don’t like to manage and deal with virtual teams such as:
- Problems in communication
- Hard to share expectations when team’s members are not onsite – expectation of delivery, deadlines, and cost
- The advantages of having in-person meetings/ personal touch contact is lost
- Relationship among team’s members is weak
- Difficulties to manage different time zones
- The sense of urgency seems to be missing in virtual teams.
However, market expansion of clients and talent resources in different countries push us to overcome these problems, virtual teams are the reality of how companies are structured nowadays and we don’t have an option of not working with them. In contrary, we must learn how to manage virtual teams effectively to be successful in delivering projects at a global level.
Duration: 3 hours
Language: English, Portuguese, and Spanish
What makes our workshop different than others: it is alive! You have the benefit of taking it from the comfort of your home and at the same time have the opportunity of interacting with the instructor by participating in discussions and asking at the moment questions. Social interaction with other students and the instructor boosts everyone learning.
What will you learn?
- Common problems of virtual teams
- How we can overcome these problems – techniques and strategies
- Improve the interactions of the virtual team’s members
- Conflict resolution and fosters an atmosphere of collaboration and cooperation
- Set up clear expectations: delivery, timeframe, and resources
- Improve communication - communications management plan
- Tracking system and technologies to support virtual teams
- Measure your team’s morale, productivity, and success
- Best Practices for managing virtual teams
Do you want to know more about our workshop? or Do you need us to accommodate your schedule? Reach us out! email@example.com
Special prices for groups, ask for a quote!
EBOOK: GLOBAL TALENT NEEDS (FREE)
Ebook: Start building a Global Career by knowing which professions and skills countries and companies need. Author: Luana Pereira (Global Talent Management Specialist) Pages: 23 Language: English You will download the eBook immediately. If...
EBOOK: AM I ELIGIBLE FOR WORKING & LIVING ABROAD?
Handbook: A Step-by-Step Guide to evaluate your profile for a global career. Author: Luana Pereira (Global Talent Management Specialist) Pages: 31 Language: English You will download the eBook immediately after purchase. This eBook...
SESSION: CHALLENGES IN LIVING ABROAD
You followed your spouse into a new country to support them in their international assignment/career, and now you are facing adaptation challenges. This new life is not what you were...