WORKSHOP: CULTURAL BIAS
Topic: Cultural Bias
In order to manage people and business globally, it is important to recognize and work on latent cultural biases. It is very common to see employees, clients, suppliers to react based on cultural stereotypes when working globally. “Bias refers to the stereotypes, both negative and positive, that exists in our subconscious and affects our behavior”. Bias can lead to negative interactions among people, a toxic culture, and consequently unsuccessful businesses. Years of research has shown that a diverse workplace is more innovative and thus performs better than those that aren't.
Unconscious biases are social stereotypes about certain cultures and groups of people which you are not aware: the way you feel, think and react towards certain cultures and people. You will be speechless to recognize how biased we can be and how our concepts about people and culture can rule our behaviors when interacting and managing people globally. Recognizing and working on cultural biases will boost your business, team, relationships, and career.
Once you recognize your potential biases or your team’s potential biases, you can start replacing misrepresentation to a more appropriate way of seeing cultures and reacting to them. It will lead you to be more social effective in your interactions accelerating your professional career in a global level.
Improving cultural bias, you will:
- Lead people more effectively
- Improve your ability to select people for your team/jobs
- Create a culture and work environment which boost diversity and creativity
- Boost your team productivity and innovation
- Solve potential relationship issues among your social circle
- Become aware of biases can lead to changing behaviors, which ultimately can make teams more collaborative, inclusive, and competitive
- Break stereotypes will contribute towards a more fair and welcoming world, we all need a better world!
Duration: 3 hours
Language: English, Portuguese, and Spanish
What makes our workshop different than others: it is alive! You have the benefit of taking it from the comfort of your home and at the same time have the opportunity of interacting with the instructor by participating in discussions and asking "at the moment" questions. Social interaction with other students and the instructor boosts everyone learning.
What will you learn?
- Test your unconscious bias
- Everyone has biases - it's part of being human
- What unconscious cultural bias is
- Scientific studies about unconscious bias
- Identify culture differences and situations which commonly trigger unconscious biases
- Importance to improve bias – what the benefits are - how it can affect positively you, your team, and company
- How to overcome cultural bias – techniques
- How to measure your success in making daily decisions based on rational information than on pre-concept and incorrect biases.
Do you want to know more about our workshop? or Do you need us to accommodate your schedule? Reach us out! firstname.lastname@example.org
Special prices for groups, ask for a quote!
BOOK: I MADE IT. SO CAN YOU!
Book: I Made It. So Can You! A practical and inspirational guide for international students on how to study and work in the USA Author: Luana Pereira (Global Talent Management Specialist) ...
EBOOK: GLOBAL TALENT NEEDS (FREE)
Ebook: Start building a Global Career by knowing which professions and skills countries and companies need. Author: Luana Pereira (Global Talent Management Specialist) Pages: 23 Language: English You will download the eBook immediately. If...
WEBINAR: WHY ARE YOU NOT GETTING YOUR DREAM JOB ABROAD? (FREE)
Webinar: Why are You Not Getting your Dream Job Abroad? Author: Luana Pereira (Global Talent Management Specialist) Duration: 13 min. Language: English You will download the Webinar immediately. This webinar helps you to...